-
Broadband Router - Downloads hang
I recently added a second computer in my home, so I installed a cable modem connected to a Linksys broadband wireless router. I have Wide Open West internet service using their cable modem connected to the internet port on my linksys router.
After installation, I have problems with downloads on both the PC connected to the ethernet port on the router and the one connecting through the wireless access. Downloads just hang. I have no problem with surfing web pages. If I try downloading different files, the download will hang at different points in the download. Sometimes after only a few hundred K, other times after a few Mb.
Linksys Tech Support hasn't been much help. They had me enable MTU with a setting of 1500. This didn't help. I lowered the setting to 1000 and still no help.
Any suggestions??? Thanks....................
-
Senior Member
registered user
question:
do you know this is a site for knoppix support ?
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
I presume you're using knoppix with this router? I'd be interested if you found your solution as I was just about to get a linksys cable router to set-up 3 PCs at home on the net.
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By el_hefe in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
-
By swazi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:17 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By alex121 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 02:43 PM
-
By jpickard in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99