Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix refuses connection to Webserver from other machines

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix refuses connection to Webserver from other machines

    Hi,

    I installed Knoppix 3.2 with knx-hdinstall (on my intranet server). Then I installed a webserver (AOLServer) and PostgreSQL and the OpenACS (Community System) on top of that.

    Problem: I cant access the Webserver from other machines (although it works if accessed from the same machine). I deleted the ALL:PARANOIA entry in hosts.deny, but it is still the same. Maybe I have to change something in inetd.conf?? Dont know.

    What should I do to make the Internet services available to other machines?

    Thanks for any hint
    Jampa

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: Knoppix refuses connection to Webserver from other machi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jampa
    Hi,

    I installed Knoppix 3.2 with knx-hdinstall (on my intranet server). Then I installed a webserver (AOLServer) and PostgreSQL and the OpenACS (Community System) on top of that.

    Problem: I cant access the Webserver from other machines (although it works if accessed from the same machine). I deleted the ALL:PARANOIA entry in hosts.deny, but it is still the same. Maybe I have to change something in inetd.conf?? Dont know.

    What should I do to make the Internet services available to other machines?

    Thanks for any hint
    Jampa
    Strange, afaik access is allowed by a hd-install ...

    Try to stop your AOL thingi and start Apache (as root: /etc/init.d/apache start)

    And then try to access the apache web server from outside. It did always work for me

    So perhaps its a problem with your AOL thing not listening on 0.0.0.0 (worldwide) but some specific interface/ip...

    cu

    Fabian

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix-install refuses to work
    By Laen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 03:03 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 Refuses to Boot
    By TheLousyOne in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM
  3. CD-based Knoppix as webserver?
    By dave_sussex in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:07 PM
  4. Knoppix as webserver
    By rubis in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 04:44 PM
  5. how to connect two Knoppix machines
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99