Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyter PC

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyter PC

    Hey, does knoppix detect this network card? If it does, what am I doing wrong? Does knoppix automatically use dhcp to get a network address, or do you need to assign one? I know very little about linux and networking sorry, so any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Re: National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyte

    Quote Originally Posted by baboeska
    Hey, does knoppix detect this network card? If it does, what am I doing wrong? Does knoppix automatically use dhcp to get a network address, or do you need to assign one? I know very little about linux and networking sorry, so any help would be appreciated.
    I was just about to ask the exact same question - I have the exact same network chip built in to my HP-Compaq nx 9005 laptop. Sorry I can't provide any more details I am a complete linux newbie. Please help, I am desperate to escape Windows!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Hello friends.
    If you like to setup your network (running KNOPPIX of course) please run open netcardconfig (you will find this ftom K-> KNOPPIX -> Network/Internet -> Network card configuration

    Answer NO TO QUESTION "Use DHCP Broadcast?"
    Answer All questions according to your network need...

    Hope this help

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix using NatSemi DP83815 stopped working
    By Harry Kuhman in forum Networking
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 10:29 AM
  2. NSC DP83815 not activating
    By kkauffman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested

$149.99



Atari Portfolio PARALLEL PRINTER INTERFACE NOS New Open Box picture

Atari Portfolio PARALLEL PRINTER INTERFACE NOS New Open Box

$29.88



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power picture

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power

$129.99



atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply picture

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply

$109.65



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k READ

$370.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Only Tested READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Only Tested READ

$300.00