Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Remaster - Base Debian Install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    Remaster - Base Debian Install

    Please can someone give me a walk through of how to remove everything from a knoppix install ?!?

    I want to get to a point of it being just a base debian + whatever Knoppix needs to ge to that point..

    No X, No apps etc..
    Only hardware detection and drivers etc...

    I have tried for a while to remove packages..
    ( I can get into my chrooted knoppix root dir and start apt-get'ing arround...)
    but I eventualy get into problems with failed dependencies etc.. ..
    and I have no I dea how to continue..
    I tried using a kick list and removing just those packages but even they didnt all remove... some of them remained because of errors..

    please can you help me..

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    try starting from the other direction

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    yeah, I guess doing a debian install whould be alot easier, if you want it very small.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    yea but (I didnt make it clear)
    I Want it to be running from a live CD..

    so I want a VERY Small knoppix running.

    basicly I need to strip knoppix down to its bare minimum..

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    hmmm. maybe it is easier to do a very minimal debian-install, and convert that back to a knoppix-live-cd. It should be doable, and it might be easier than to strip a knoppix-install.

    good luck...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    hmmm I hope its easier than that ! : )

    Im realy just looking for a shell script (wouldnt it be nice)
    that will APT-GET remove everything in the right order etc..
    so that it works

    anyone got something !?!?

    or possibly Knoppix guys, can do an ISO image with just a base debian.
    for those of us that want a knoppix with no X or any apps as a starting point for remastering..

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Have you considered the morphix base module?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    morphix might help. and apt-get should automatically solve dependencys, and using some apt-get-frontends like synaptic and aptitude you might be able to clean your system.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5
    I thought of morphix.
    but its looked like it had alot of cruft I didnt want.....

    and there didnt seem to be as much documents / good forums for people wanting to remaster.. (could just be I didnt see it yet)

    anyone have other ideas of what I Should do ?


    or does anyone else have some better / bigger kick lists ?


    Jay

Similar Threads

  1. Need Base Install
    By Tech2k in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
  2. Remaster from HD install
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 05:29 AM
  3. How can I install KDE 3.1.4 into my remaster with KDE 3.1.2
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 10:08 PM
  4. Remaster From HD Install
    By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 08:06 PM
  5. Knoppix Remaster Base (LittleK.iso)
    By god in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60