Using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-09-05-EN.iso with md5 verified, I saved the configuration to floppy, and rebooted. The following messages appeared during the boot:
executing /mnt/floppy/knoppix.sh
Extracting /mnt/floppy/configs.tbz
tar: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4: time stamp 2003-09-14 06:51:34 is 26101 s in the future
tar: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.kxconfig.backup: time stamp 2003-09-14 06:51:34 is 26101 s in the future
chown: too few arguments
I have never seen a succesful restore of the configuration from floppy, so I am not sure what to look for. I think the root password was restored, but the changes I made to the panel were not.
The time stamp complaints might have been caused by my attempts to adjust the clock to PDT.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$278.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00