Using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-09-05-EN.iso with md5 verified, I saved the configuration to floppy, and rebooted. The following messages appeared during the boot:
executing /mnt/floppy/knoppix.sh
Extracting /mnt/floppy/configs.tbz
tar: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4: time stamp 2003-09-14 06:51:34 is 26101 s in the future
tar: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.kxconfig.backup: time stamp 2003-09-14 06:51:34 is 26101 s in the future
chown: too few arguments
I have never seen a succesful restore of the configuration from floppy, so I am not sure what to look for. I think the root password was restored, but the changes I made to the panel were not.
The time stamp complaints might have been caused by my attempts to adjust the clock to PDT.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00