Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remastering in Redhat 9????

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7

    Remastering in Redhat 9????

    I wanted to know if i could remaster a knoppix version from redhat 9, because i have it installed on my system, i can remaster it in redhat, (give it a few flavours from redhat) and burn it and check it out.

    Please tell me if this possible.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    I see no reason why it wouldn't be as long as you have cloop utils installed.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7

    re:

    what are cloop utils??

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    Did you every try to remaster?

    You need them to extract/pack KNOPPIX file.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    18
    I have tried to install the cloop modules to Redhat 9.0, the stock Redhat kernel is already so heavily patched I never was able to get it compiled with the cloop.
    I then installed a new plain kernel from kernel.org, and I got the cloop compiled in but had nothing but problems trying to load the module. So I gave up.

    If I spent more time with it I might have been successful, but IMO I found the best way to remaster is to do a Knoppix hard drive install and work from there.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48

    redhat knoppixised

    there is ADIOS a redhat based cloop compressed and working as live cd

    It includes UML for networking teaching

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48

    knoppix redhat based correction

    I reproduced "adios redhat based knoppix" from some reading
    T'm sorry.

    But I should add correction after examination of adios :
    It's compression stuff is based on squash_filesystem by P Lougher
    So it is quite different in philosophy from cloop_compression which
    is file system independent (but probably slower access as argued by
    P Lougher answers on forums ).It rather is similar to zftree in spirit to
    P Anvin 's compression isofs

Similar Threads

  1. Debian vs Slackware vs Redhat?
    By axopro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM
  2. knoppix games on redhat
    By invictius in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
  3. ati rage 128 on redhat 5.1
    By lukenliz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 02:41 AM
  4. Remastering Knoppix in scratch space on a Redhat machine.
    By ocschwar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
  5. Knoppix over RedHat
    By neomorph in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



SanDisk 1.6TB SSD SAS 2.5

SanDisk 1.6TB SSD SAS 2.5" 12Gbps Server Hard Drive SDLTOCKR-016T-5CA1 12G

$257.00



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60