-
I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD
I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.
For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?
Kiru
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'd try
knoppix testcd
in another box. I suspect your burn wasn't successful.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD

Originally Posted by
kiru9867
I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.
For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?
Kiru
You do not burn the ISO file to the disk you use the option in your burning program to make a bootable disk from an ISO image if you use the correct option you should see a directory structure instead of one big file in windows explorer when you look at the disk.
-
THANKS!!! I got it to work!
Kiru
Similar Threads
-
By wtrenker in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By kmacandie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By Ashy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:21 AM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99