Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    7

    I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD

    I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.

    For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?

    Kiru

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I'd try

    knoppix testcd

    in another box. I suspect your burn wasn't successful.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD

    Quote Originally Posted by kiru9867
    I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.

    For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?

    Kiru
    You do not burn the ISO file to the disk you use the option in your burning program to make a bootable disk from an ISO image if you use the correct option you should see a directory structure instead of one big file in windows explorer when you look at the disk.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    7
    THANKS!!! I got it to work!

    Kiru

Similar Threads

  1. OpenOffice Language Changed
    By wtrenker in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
  2. cd error changed
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
  3. Boots on laptop, but not desktop
    By kmacandie in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:21 AM
  5. Problem - boots, boots.....and so
    By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99