LOL
I get that feeling, sometimes, too - dont like it... but alas, I guess thats the price we pay for an easier-to-use system... And its still linux - far more stable, customizable, etc etc!
When you set up your printer using the Add Printer wizard, there's this dialog box that comes up: "Please wait while KDE rebuilds its driver database" (or similar), with a progress bar.
Good Lord! It's certainly easier than remembering "localhost://631", but I thought I was in Windows for a second there.![]()
LOL
I get that feeling, sometimes, too - dont like it... but alas, I guess thats the price we pay for an easier-to-use system... And its still linux - far more stable, customizable, etc etc!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62