LOL
I get that feeling, sometimes, too - dont like it... but alas, I guess thats the price we pay for an easier-to-use system... And its still linux - far more stable, customizable, etc etc!
When you set up your printer using the Add Printer wizard, there's this dialog box that comes up: "Please wait while KDE rebuilds its driver database" (or similar), with a progress bar.
Good Lord! It's certainly easier than remembering "localhost://631", but I thought I was in Windows for a second there.![]()
LOL
I get that feeling, sometimes, too - dont like it... but alas, I guess thats the price we pay for an easier-to-use system... And its still linux - far more stable, customizable, etc etc!

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell M620 Blade Server Intel Xeon 2x E5-2665 @2.40GHz No HDD and No Ram QTY
$99.95
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99