-
[b]Knoppix failed MSI GeForce 5600FX
MSI GeForce 5600FX was not supported by Knoppix. I tried to type default xdrvr=vesa or xdrvr=fbdev repeat and they were not working on the PC. I had an idea to try to type linux xdrvr=vesa or xdrvr=fbdev and then they shut out my pc. The screen was blackout.
Other Linux operating systems were not supporting my new MSI Geforce 5600FX VDTR 128 MB video card.
I am waiting for a new version of knoppix supporting any new video cards.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi!
FYI, knoppix DOES work with a FX5600 because I have an ASUS 5600FX
and I use Knoppix every day =)
So what's the deal you ask?
When you boot just type in these options :
Code:
knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=nv
And voila!
And please instead of posting pessimistic messages, try
"reading the manual" and/or asking for help =)
the panther
-
I found an answer
. Knoppix accepted MSI GeForce 5600FX. I had to type "Knoppix lang=us xmodule=nv wheelmouse." It looked a pretty knoppix screen. I sometimes use knoppix.
I am glad :P
Similar Threads
-
By CKLM in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By igs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 08:24 AM
-
By Dosmaen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By raduen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By adamb10 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30