Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Strange keyboard problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Strange keyboard problems

    Hi,

    I have a strange keyboard problem in Linux. The shift key to write letters in caps only works sometimes, for example; sometimes I can write the letter "X" in caps, but not the letter"a". And sometimes it's just reversed. I have also problems with using the second function from the ; and [ and ] and " keys. So I can't type a : for example (I had to copy this character from a text file and paste it here). I have this problem when I run Knoppix from cd and from harddisk. In Windows I don't have this problem. A friend of me has the same keyboard and has not that problem with Knoppix.

    If anybody knows a solution for this annoying crazy-driving problem, please tell it me.

    Greetings,
    Hans

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    I tested it with a very old keyboard, and it seems that everything works well with this keyboard.

    I always thought that a keyboard was a keyboard, but it seems that there are windows only keyboards?

Similar Threads

  1. Strange problems in different variants of LINUX!
    By bhasker varma in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
  2. STRANGE! No Mouse = No KeyBoard
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 08:33 AM
  3. Strange dependency problems related to Perl
    By Doppelbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 01:21 AM
  4. Keyboard Strange Behaviour
    By Yogich in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:52 PM
  5. Strange X Font problems. Please help!
    By the_isz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99