Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Unable to load custom config files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Zaragoza - Spain
    Posts
    1

    Unable to load custom config files

    Hi to all, i'm new to this forum and to the world of Linux. I always was a Microsoft guy... and now I'm testing Knoppix.

    I have a problem loading the custom config files at boot time.

    I have created these files from inside a Knoppix session. (kMenu-->Knoppix-->Config-->Save config files)

    First I formated the floppy from inside Knoppix too. (Floppy icon-->Rightclick-->Format). I have used MSDOS formated disks and ext2 formated disk too. whatenever disk i use, i get always the same error message.

    This is the environment:
    Booting from Knoppix CD with a 'msdos' or 'ext2' formated disk inside the a: drive. In this disk are the configuration files for Knoppix (checked with ls /mnt/auto/floppy before restart the system).

    At Knoppix boot prompt I type:
    knoppix myconfig=scan
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/floppy
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0H1440

    All these options give me the same error message when knoppix is about to examine the disk. The message is: 'Filesystem not detected.' and the device is not mounted/accessed/readed...

    I don't know if I'm doing some mistake. Any help will be welcome.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Unable to load custom config files

    Quote Originally Posted by kha

    At Knoppix boot prompt I type:
    knoppix myconfig=scan
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/floppy
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0
    or
    knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0H1440

    All these options give me the same error message when knoppix is about to examine the disk. The message is: 'Filesystem not detected.' and the device is not mounted/accessed/readed...

    I don't know if I'm doing some mistake. Any help will be welcome.
    The cheat codes have changed to either floppyconfig or floppyconf.

Similar Threads

  1. Fluxbox unable to load wallpaper
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 01:37 AM
  2. Load config from FTP
    By hkphooey in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 06:59 PM
  3. Can't load my config from floppy ?
    By skefrank in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM
  4. config knoppix.sh (on a floppy) to load modem drivers....
    By insomica in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
  5. Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font [Knoppix DVD-Edition]
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1694.85



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$224.17



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$441.77



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



WD_BLACK SN770 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4 picture

WD_BLACK SN770 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4

$145.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00