Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Bluetooth under Knoppix ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2

    Bluetooth under Knoppix ?

    Hi,
    I'm a new user of Linux (Knoppix)
    I want use an USB-Bluetooth interface with a Nokia 6310i.
    I have downloaded the files "gnome-bluetooth-0.4.1.tar.gz" and "libbtctl-0.3.tar.gz" but I don't know how to install the .tar.gz files.

    Please, could somebody tell me how to do ?
    Thanks !.
    Raul.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Bluetooth under Knoppix ?

    Quote Originally Posted by raul_veleiro
    Hi,
    I'm a new user of Linux (Knoppix)
    I want use an USB-Bluetooth interface with a Nokia 6310i.
    I have downloaded the files "gnome-bluetooth-0.4.1.tar.gz" and "libbtctl-0.3.tar.gz" but I don't know how to install the .tar.gz files.

    Please, could somebody tell me how to do ?
    Thanks !.
    Raul.
    You more than likely will have to compile the drivers and install them you should extract the .tar.gz. files to a temporary directory and read the instructions that will be in the documents included.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2
    Hello again (Thanks Stephen),
    Well, I have found some Bluetooth RPMs (look at http://bluez.sourceforge.net/). I think that is more easy work with "rpm" files than .tar.gz (may be). I used the "rpm" application to install the RPMs, but I got this error:
    -----------
    root@ttyp0[tmp]# rpm -ivh bluez-libs-2.3-1.i386.rpm
    error: failed dependencies:
    glibc >= 2.2.4 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    /sbin/ldconfig is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    /sbin/ldconfig is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    ld-linux.so.2 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    libc.so.6 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
    -----------
    Also with the "Kpackage" application I can see this "dependencies".
    What is the meaning of each line ?

    bye...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    Better try to re-compile the install yourself.
    In the config files inside it you can point then to the needed libraries (or install them before) .
    Installing with rpm suggest that you have write permissions ,but since you are working with a live cd,writing on it is not possible (yet).
    So proceed as follows :
    -install all needed libraries for this program (install them on you home drive)
    -compile the source after adapting the library paths.Install it on you home drive.

    This could seem hard the first time you've compiled a program. But it's the best way to install a program. You will have the best results with it (speed,stability,..) .Once you've done one ,you'll see it's not that hard.

    This naturally implies you work with persistant home drive,since I rekken you don't wish to redo everytime the installation when you reboot .

    hope this'll help you on the way ,greetzzzzz

Similar Threads

  1. Using Bluetooth Jabra
    By Iva in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 08:09 PM
  2. Bluetooth USB
    By green1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 06:04 AM
  3. smc2835 and bluetooth
    By paulo_andre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 09:35 AM
  4. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
    By Johny the Ripper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:42 PM
  5. Knoppix and Bluetooth.....
    By TeddyR in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00