Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kernel error on dell 600m

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    kernel error on dell 600m

    I get to the screen with tux on the top. It runs commds, first lins pass, then the second stage begins and it stops with the last line reading something about a kernel error. what is the problem? i am new to linux. the only file I put on the cd was the one .iso

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5
    Update:
    The error reads...

    Kernel Panic: No init found try passing init = option to kernel

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    I'm not really sure what your problem is, but I just wanted to let you know that i got my 600M up and running just fine with Knoppix (so it is possible). It sounds like you got a bad iso. I had to download it a couple of times before I got it working. There is some kind of checksum thing you can do to check if you got a good download, but I'm not sure how that works (try searching the forum). BTW - once I got my 600M up and running, I quickly found out that Intel is NOT supporting their centrino 802.11b chip with linux drivers, so you're SOL in that department... Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel oops in maestro3/sound on Dell Inspiron 8000
    By renderer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
  2. 600m with Intel 2100 wireless
    By tofu in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:09 AM
  3. Boot-Up error kernel BUG at filemap.c:81!...
    By zavec in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 06:38 AM
  4. Help Kernel Error
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
  5. kernel error on boot
    By Trav763 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$378.00



computer memory ddr4 SDRAM picture

computer memory ddr4 SDRAM

$300.00



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4 picture

*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4

$674.99



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$255.00