I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
As soon as I turn the comp with the cd in...it gives me this error
"Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01"
WTF ?
Well heres what I have...a 40gig HDD Pri Master for XP, and a 20gig(BLANK)sec master
Any ideas on how to acctually run this thing ?
I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
I tried "Damn small linux" too, that has the same error...i think it might be knoppix lol![]()
I've had problems like this with bad RAM, or RAM that is just mismatched.
I dont think i'm gonna get new ram just for linux....damn I cant believe it didnt work!
Check the CD either with the md5 sum or
knoppix testcd
at "boot" I typed "Knoppix testcd...it gave me the same error. Did I mentio I tried Damn Small linux too and that gave me the same error

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67