Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Knoppix wont even boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix wont even boot

    As soon as I turn the comp with the cd in...it gives me this error

    "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01"

    WTF ?

    Well heres what I have...a 40gig HDD Pri Master for XP, and a 20gig(BLANK)sec master

    Any ideas on how to acctually run this thing ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4
    I tried "Damn small linux" too, that has the same error...i think it might be knoppix lol

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    I've had problems like this with bad RAM, or RAM that is just mismatched.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4
    I dont think i'm gonna get new ram just for linux ....damn I cant believe it didnt work!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Check the CD either with the md5 sum or

    knoppix testcd

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4
    at "boot" I typed "Knoppix testcd...it gave me the same error. Did I mentio I tried Damn Small linux too and that gave me the same error

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix wont boot from lilo
    By ed9598 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 02:18 AM
  2. PC wont boot Knoppix
    By Weetabix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
  3. Knoppix wont boot
    By Bklynjava in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
  4. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  5. Knoppix cd wont boot, other bootable cds will
    By lil_slice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA) picture

Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)

$11999.95



(LOT OF 20) *MIXED BRAND* 8GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

(LOT OF 20) *MIXED BRAND* 8GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$160.00



LENOVO 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM SERVER RAM FRU 46W0798 P/N 47J0253 SAMSUNG picture

LENOVO 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM SERVER RAM FRU 46W0798 P/N 47J0253 SAMSUNG

$69.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested picture

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested

$4200.00



Server Memory: Micron 64GB 2RX4 PC4-2933Y 23400MHz ECC MTA36ASF8G72PZ-2G9B2TI picture

Server Memory: Micron 64GB 2RX4 PC4-2933Y 23400MHz ECC MTA36ASF8G72PZ-2G9B2TI

$362.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00