I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
As soon as I turn the comp with the cd in...it gives me this error
"Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01"
WTF ?
Well heres what I have...a 40gig HDD Pri Master for XP, and a 20gig(BLANK)sec master
Any ideas on how to acctually run this thing ?
I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
I tried "Damn small linux" too, that has the same error...i think it might be knoppix lol![]()
I've had problems like this with bad RAM, or RAM that is just mismatched.
I dont think i'm gonna get new ram just for linux....damn I cant believe it didnt work!
Check the CD either with the md5 sum or
knoppix testcd
at "boot" I typed "Knoppix testcd...it gave me the same error. Did I mentio I tried Damn Small linux too and that gave me the same error

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$40.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00