I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
As soon as I turn the comp with the cd in...it gives me this error
"Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01"
WTF ?
Well heres what I have...a 40gig HDD Pri Master for XP, and a 20gig(BLANK)sec master
Any ideas on how to acctually run this thing ?
I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
I tried "Damn small linux" too, that has the same error...i think it might be knoppix lol![]()
I've had problems like this with bad RAM, or RAM that is just mismatched.
I dont think i'm gonna get new ram just for linux....damn I cant believe it didnt work!
Check the CD either with the md5 sum or
knoppix testcd
at "boot" I typed "Knoppix testcd...it gave me the same error. Did I mentio I tried Damn Small linux too and that gave me the same error

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
HP ZBook Firefly 14 G8 FHD Touch, Core i7-1185G7, 16GB, 512GB NVMe | Grade B/C
$262.95
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core 5.0GHz CPU Socket AM5 96MB L3 Cache
$350.00
Intel Core i7 11700F 2.5GHz 8 Core CPU Processor LGA1200 16MB Cache
$139.99