I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
As soon as I turn the comp with the cd in...it gives me this error
"Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01"
WTF ?
Well heres what I have...a 40gig HDD Pri Master for XP, and a 20gig(BLANK)sec master
Any ideas on how to acctually run this thing ?
I had this with my hd-install, after installing grub... strange it happens to your live-cd. Do you have the latest version? and have you checked the md5sum? cuz the kernel can't mount the filesystem, so it might be broken...
I tried "Damn small linux" too, that has the same error...i think it might be knoppix lol![]()
I've had problems like this with bad RAM, or RAM that is just mismatched.
I dont think i'm gonna get new ram just for linux....damn I cant believe it didnt work!
Check the CD either with the md5 sum or
knoppix testcd
at "boot" I typed "Knoppix testcd...it gave me the same error. Did I mentio I tried Damn Small linux too and that gave me the same error

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Supermicro SYS6018RWTR Dual Intel E52620V4 21GHz DDR4 35 4Bay Server M1 G2U
$199.99