Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: CD will not Boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    CD will not Boot

    I am having a problem burning a bootable CD which will run Knoppix Lunix. I am using Easy CD Creator 5 and here are the steps which I have taken.
    1. Selected “Project” > then selected “Make a Data CD” > then selected “Data CD Project”.
    2. Selected “File Menu Bar” > then “New CD Project” > and then “Bootable CD”
    3. The Bootable CD options include the following:
    a) Floppy Disk Emulation (1.44 Mb)
    b) Floppy Disk Emulation (2.88 Mb)
    c) Hard Disk Emulation
    d) No Emulation (This is the option which I selected)
    4. Load Segment was: 0x7c0, Section Count was :1
    (I didn’t enter anything different, because I am not sure what they should be or if they are important).
    5. I then clicked on the “Browse” button and selected the Knoppix File Image “Knoppix_v.3.2.2003-0905_EN.iso”.
    After selecting the above image the following two files appeared in the project window:
    “BootCat.Bin” & “BootIMG.Bin”.
    6. I then hit the record button.
    7. The computer’s Bios was set to boot from the CDROM.
    8. Upon Booting the computer with this newly crearted CDROM a message appears which indicates that I am booting from the CDROM. However, nothing happens after that point.

    I did run a “MD5" program on the downloaded image to verify that the file downloaded correctly from the internet. The checksum was identical to what it should have been. So what’s wrong?
    Which of the following above step(s) were performed incorrectly? Why doesn’t the CDROM boot correctly? What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99