-
Member
registered user
I for one would love to know how you eventually defeat this crapware but until then.....
My solution is Knoppix 
How quickly? Well that kind of depends on the box your booting it on.
Pentium 4 1.7ghz, 256mb ddr ram, 32mb ATI agp graphics card, 52x CDROM.
Presuming you can get online and you know how to access your remote machine then sure you could save your work on the remote box. I like ssh. Or, if the boxes you're on have two cdrom drives maybe burning your work to cd is an option.
No CD burner on campus. Getting online shouldnt be hard. The college uses a simple dhcp system. Auto IP requesting etc. I think saving Knoppix settings to a floppy would work, but saving my projects on a floppy would definitely not. I'd have to do it remotely somehow, such as through SSH. I sure would like to be able to edit a remote document right in KWrite and save it without having to dick with FTP though. I like Linux and I like having a console when I need it but I really hate using the console and I really hate console based apps.
Similar Threads
-
By upazupa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 08:11 AM
-
By honigbaer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By amit1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 09:36 PM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 06:13 PM
-
By Bluethunder in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Samsung Chromebook 11in Silver Intel Celeron Chrome OS Wi‑Fi Webcam Charger
$50.00

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B
$125.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99