-
how easy is it to do?
i'm a newbie but I would like to change a few very minor changes. Like the default icon & wallpaper set and theme also a new splash screen. This is all I would like to do. How would I start by making these changes so when I burn a new copy everything I want well already be the way I want it to be. and take out some of the packages I don't want?? once again can a newbie do this???
-
Make the changes and use the save-config option to save the setting to floppy then use the 'knoppix floppyconfig' command at start-up.
-
If you want to remove packages, you going to have to re-master the CD, which is actually a fairly simple procedure:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you need any help, feel free to post here!
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 02:51 AM
-
By dhawton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
-
By rihad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

160 GB MICRON (5X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2
$1150.00

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM
$449.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128 GB SAMSUNG (4X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$850.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95

OWC 32GB DDR4 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933 288-Pin ECC RDIMM RAM
$200.00