I haven't had a chance to play with ClusterKnoppix as yet, but it sounds very interesting. Just curious, how much did you have to remove from KNOPPIX 20030905, what did you remove exactly and what do you add?
TIA,
Hi (yes, i'm still alive
A new clusterknoppix has been released:
Changelog:
- Sync with latest Knoppix release (2003-09-05)
- Upgraded to kernel 2.4.22 and openmosix-1 release
- Upgraded to openmosix-user-0.3.4
- Upgraded to latest openmosixview
- Added libgtop2 libcommoncpp2-1.0-0c102
- Added chpox-0.5
- Added Gomd CVS 20030917
Download:
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/download.htm (only 1 mirror at the moment)
--Wim
I haven't had a chance to play with ClusterKnoppix as yet, but it sounds very interesting. Just curious, how much did you have to remove from KNOPPIX 20030905, what did you remove exactly and what do you add?
TIA,
I have split your posts to a new topic.
A new version of clusterknoppix is out
Changelog:
- Sync with latest Knoppix release
- updated gomd to 0.1beta
- removed openoffice
- upgraded gcc to 3.3.2
- fixed the terminalserver + etherboot bug
- added a working bcm4400 driver
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix
A full list with what packages are in clusterknoppix can also be found on that page.
The stuff I have removed from normal knoppix is:
auctex emacs21 gettext-el tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra emacs21-common emacsen-common selflinux openoffice-de-en
Stuff I added:
Openmosix openmosixview kandel povray gomd chpox
Does this one have auto detection & drivers for nForce2 motherboard onboard NIC?
Lack of nVidia chipset/NIC drivers has been a problem with the regular Knoppix releases.
I don't think so. besides the openmosix stuff, it uses the same kernel config as regular knoppix.Originally Posted by audioaficionado
That's a rotten shame that a lot of people who have nForce2 motherboards are going to be left out of being able to use Knoppix online.Originally Posted by dolphin
Arkaine23's Overclockix works but I'd also have liked to keep using standard or cluster Knoppix or too.
If you have any pointers where I can find those drivers I can offcourse include it in my next releaseOriginally Posted by audioaficionado
![]()
nVidia has the source code on their Linux driver page. You'll have to compile it so Knoppix can auto detect and install durring boot. Arkaine23 already did this in Overclockix. Maybe you could get his ISO and just extract the compiled binary. I know it works great for my Abit NF7-S nForce2 motherboard's onboard NIC chip.
Alextreme also had nvidia running in MORPHIX.
Regards,

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$44.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00
SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6" Intel N4020 4GB 32GB CLEAN UP TO DATE X3 LOT
$89.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
8/10 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro SM-T638 128GB, Wi-Fi 5G Unlocked 10.1 BLACK
$339.00
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00