Oops. It wasn't working because I had a Knoppix swap file on the partition I was trying to share.
Carry on.
I'm trying to set up a samba server using Knoppix running from the cd
(version 9-05-03).
When I follow the instructions in "Samba - Quick," I have trouble browsing /mnt. If I'm browsing a Linux partition from a Windows 98 machine, I can see the files but cannot make changes even though the partition is mounted read/write. With a FAT32 partition, also mounted read/write, I can't browse it at all.
My ultimate goal is to fully share the FAT32 partition only. Does anyone know what I'm missing?
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere.
Oops. It wasn't working because I had a Knoppix swap file on the partition I was trying to share.
Carry on.

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99