Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trouble with Samba

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41

    Trouble with Samba

    I'm trying to set up a samba server using Knoppix running from the cd
    (version 9-05-03).

    When I follow the instructions in "Samba - Quick," I have trouble browsing /mnt. If I'm browsing a Linux partition from a Windows 98 machine, I can see the files but cannot make changes even though the partition is mounted read/write. With a FAT32 partition, also mounted read/write, I can't browse it at all.

    My ultimate goal is to fully share the FAT32 partition only. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

    Apologies if this is answered elsewhere.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    Oops. It wasn't working because I had a Knoppix swap file on the partition I was trying to share.

    Carry on.

Similar Threads

  1. samba is gay
    By ghostblaze in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
  2. Samba and MTU
    By jimbo62 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. how to use samba?
    By juan_sck in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
  5. Samba help
    By Prototask in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67