-
Trouble with Samba
I'm trying to set up a samba server using Knoppix running from the cd
(version 9-05-03).
When I follow the instructions in "Samba - Quick," I have trouble browsing /mnt. If I'm browsing a Linux partition from a Windows 98 machine, I can see the files but cannot make changes even though the partition is mounted read/write. With a FAT32 partition, also mounted read/write, I can't browse it at all.
My ultimate goal is to fully share the FAT32 partition only. Does anyone know what I'm missing?
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere.
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By juan_sck in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By Prototask in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99