Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Any Warning Before I Try MakinCustom Knoppix/RedHat Based CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Any Warning Before I Try MakinCustom Knoppix/RedHat Based CD

    I am going to make a Custom Knoppix/RedHat-Based CD

    my plan is to
    -use knx-remaster to extract the knoppix ISO
    -then replace the extracted filesystem with my own (the RedHat root)
    -remaster
    -Boot!

    I know I have to compile kernel with correct options, install the cloop module, compile for i386, name kernel & system.map correctly...

    but is there anything special I have to do to make this work?

    I know the root filesystem is a ramdisk with symlinks to the knoppix cd, what do i have to do to make this work for my own filesystem?

    Do all the applications have to be compileds for i386 too?

    What is the meaning of life?!
    Why are we here?!
    HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP?!

    any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    18
    Why not just remaster Adios? It has a dev kit in the ADK folder, I think this would be your best bet.


    And it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll, thats been all over TV for years

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5
    I found a link for the meaning of life, but it just gives a 404....

    I understand why we're here has something to do with DNS

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    UK/SaudiArabia
    Posts
    1
    Mind me asking, but is remastering adios, is the same process as remastering Knoppix? I am just starting, and more familiar with redhat than debian? any hints/urls apperciated

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix games on redhat
    By invictius in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
  2. Knoppix over RedHat
    By neomorph in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:09 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 01:18 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF  CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem

$395.00



New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS picture

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS

$3890.00