-
Senior Member
registered user
Here's my question: What are you guys/gals using to do backups?
In the past, I've had 2 disasters involving Linux boot loaders. Both were my fault (you've got to RTFM!), but they've left me leery of installing GRUB (even though I've got it working off a floppy). The main problem is that I've got approximately 80 GB in Windows and Linux partitions and don't really have a backup solution. (80 GB is a lot of CD-ROMs!)
So, in order to use Linux, I'm using LOADLIN, and in order to use LOADLIN, I'm still running Win98SE (where you can still boot to DOS), even though I'd like to upgrade to Win2K.
(In the newest O'Reilly Linux In A Nutshell, there are explicit instructions on setting up GRUB to dual-boot with Win2K. It involves making a copy of your Win2K boot sector...)
If I had a way to back up this entire mess, I'd feel much more comfortable messing around with GRUB.
I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those network storage boxes Fry's sells that you plug into your network, load up the software, and there they are ready to go.
Similar Threads
-
By NinaBlount in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By OCTOGEN in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By Philly_Blunt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By Darkworld in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari Basic - Learning by Using by Thomas E. Rowley
$25.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

COMPUTE's 1st + 2nd BOOK of ATARI 400/800/1200XL/810/822/130XE/835/65XE/XEGS
$30.00

ATARI TRICKY TUTORIAL #7 DISK UNTILITES 400/800/1200XL/130XE/815/1400XL/835
$20.00

ATARI - Sound and Graphics - A Self Teaching Guide - Vintage 1982 - Rare
$15.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box
$345.00