-
HDD install via ISO9660?
Hello all?
My first post, but it's a wierd one.
A long time ago, I experimented with making partitions that were 650MB big and formatting them iso9660 on my HDD. I would copy a cd directly to them and use them as cdroms. It was basically a CD-ROM tower with no cd-roms. Worked nice.
Problem is, that wsa a long time ago, and I can't seem to find the documentation to do that again. I'm ready to try again.
One of the problems I've heard people complain about with the HDD install is that the sound changes, color start up changes, and plugging new stuff in, etc, doesn't work quite as well.
What if you copied the Knoppix Live cd to the hdd and told GRUB or LILO to boot it. Would that work? Someone earlier had mention installing to Compact Flash for a server and never having to worry about moving parts, etc. (it reads only, so no IO issues). You have a small USB key to save settings.
Most of the replies I've seen on these forums has been extremely helpful and polite, which is why I'm posting. I'll be experimenting the next few days, but my time's limited so feedback/suggestions is welcome.
Thanks in advance for all your help!
KJ
Similar Threads
-
By Aeiri in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By acaro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 03:07 AM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco WS-X4748-UPOE+E Catalyst 4500E 48 Port UPoE 10/100/1000 Switch - fast Ship
$39.98

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99