-
How to add password protection ?
I have played with the floppyconfig option, and now I have all my e-mail settings, all my cookies, and all my bookmarks in the floppydisk.
But I was wondering if it is possible to change the settings, so I get the system to ask for a password before giving me access to all my settings. I am afraid that if the floppy falls in the wrong hands, they could have access to all my information, including e-mail access.
I tried to change the password for root and for the knoppix user via the Konsole, but although I was succesfull, still, no password is required during boot.
Any suggestion ??
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi there,
You have a good point.
However, adding a password isn't going to help you if your floppy falls in the wrong hands as the data isn't encrypted. I think the latest knx_persistant_home has encryption support ( it was in the changelog) but i havn't tested it.
-
But still the problem is the same.... how to set up a password ???
And even without persistent home, it is much much better to have a simple pass than nothing. If the disk is found by someone, the pass will stop them in 99 % of the cases.
Because I am thinking about creating my own disk, so it would boot completely open with my IMAP email accounts ready and no password protection at all .... not very secure .....
Similar Threads
-
By siew in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:32 AM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 02:16 PM
-
By jhobo4 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 04:10 AM
-
By Butch in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 04:17 AM
-
By jmrizz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00