I have an issue with using OpenOffice apps from an HD installed 1/31/03 Knoppix.
I can not save documents to disk for any use EXCEPT root or knoppix. Any other user like my normal user can not save documents, any document type, word, calc.. It just crashes with an error about "invalid object" then click OK, and it dumps out back to the desktop.
I figure this is a permission issue of some sort, but I have no idea where to look for a setting to correct this.
I was trying to save to a directory/location that the user has rw access to, ./home/<user>
Any suggestions on where to correct this problem.
Thanks in advance.

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00