Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Nero 6 makes me cranky.

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    This would be much,much easier if you would have bought a Plextor .
    Plextor rulezzz in writerworld.... .
    Problems on reading of writing something ,go to a friend who has a plextor and be amazed.
    (no i don't have actions in plextor nor do I work there).
    Btw.. plextor was the LAST to bring out a DVD writer.. Why you think ????
    Btw ..plextor last's cd writer can write 1,2 GB on single cd !!!!! .

    I rest my case....

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6

    ooo..

    sxm20 - patch? sounds like a plan.

    ktheking - back up what you say with facts, and i might listen to you.for now though, i am very happy with my lite-on. i have never burned a coaster, its fast, its quiet, and best of all, its much cheaper than the plexies. my 52x burner cost me just $45.

    as for why they didnt release a DVD burner, well, i dunno. marketing blunder? couldnt decide which format? development problems?

    1.2GB on a cd? please. the most i have ever been able to overburn a disc was 91 mins (up from 80), but even if i say it was 99minutes, thats still only 870MB. so unless you were compressing the data first...

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    hehe, actually a normal CD is for more than 3/4 filled with error correction, so I'm told by Tanenbaum. It contains about 4GB data (of which majority is ECC).

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    Athauglas,

    I read 8 magazines on month. In 3 languages .
    I buy and sell hardware for a living.
    I work daytime in a onsite helpdesk preserving with 18 colleagues the good functionality of 5500 pc's in 2 26-floor office blocks and 12 stores.
    I've seen all brands of writers.
    For facts I can refer to you to the 2 latest magazines of CT germany (which is one the most objective magazines in europe ,they even don't mention 'best of this ...-best of that....' ) .
    For the DVD-plextor writer :CT-magazine 20 ,page 126
    For the last plextor cd-writer : CT-magazine 19 (here is described on how they did it to get to 1,2 Gb . They've used a special error correction technique. This means reading this 1,2Gb cd will only work from player who has this technique onboard )
    Believe me, when I say ; with a plextor you can't miss...

    I must say plextor is NOT the cheapest. But hey, no pain ,no gain

    One day ,you will stumble on THE uncopyable cd or iso and then think of plextor....

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Re: Bug in Nero6.0.0.15

    Quote Originally Posted by sxm20
    After wasting 8 hours in trying diferent cd writers, firmware upgrades etc I finally figured it out that there is a bug in Nero 6.0.0.15. I downloaded Nero6patch.exe and applied the patch. I have this patch, if anybody needs it let me know. I ll upload it on my FTP Server. I created the CD successfully and it works like a champ.
    I have a little problem that it doesn't detect my inbuilt wireless card. I am running it on Dell Latitude C640.
    Thanks for everybody for the support I got on this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by eco2geek
    Did some searching on Google, and found others have had this same problem with your Lite-On 52x24x52x drive, here:

    http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/69594.html

    Short version is to disable Smartburn in Nero, or use media that's certified to work at higher speeds (I didn't know this, but apparently Nero checks the blank CD-R).

    You can also find the older firmware here, if you wish to downgrade. Although maybe that's not such a good idea.

    I've never had a problem with Nero. With Roxio, on the other hand, I had an older version of EZ CD Creator that I uninstalled, and it wiped out a very important Windows driver, leaving me unable to start Windows. Feh.
    You can actually download the patch from these locations:

    http://www.cdr.cz/files/software/Ahe...e5203Patch.exe
    http://www.cdgrab.hu/stuff/software/...e5203Patch.exe
    ftp://ftp6.nero.com/Nero60015Issue5203Patch.exe
    http://cdgrab.hu/stuff/software/nero...e5203Patch.exe

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    Hi,
    I always in Windows mount Linux .iso files with Daemon Tools and then burn it with Nero virtual-cd to cd direct copy.
    http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_so...emon_tools.cfm

  7. #17
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14

    Solution To Your Problem

    I had the same problem and I downloaded the Cheetah CD burning software and it worked fine. You can download the software free at

    http://download.com.com/3000-2646-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

    Once you download and install it you just have to click on the "write" tab and then select "burn image from iso file". Then select the iso file.

    Jason

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    you guys rock

    The Nero patch posted above did the trick and my CD burned right away. Nero just pops up some sort of dialogue before it starts burning saying that it will need to finalize the disc in order for the burn to work.

  9. #19
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10
    I read the how-to on burning, but I use Discjuggler. I read that it should be set for a RAW burn, and DJ has that option, but what else should I check off? I dun wanna screw this up my first try. Should I just mount it with Alcohol 120% as mentioned above (though with Daemon Tools) and do cd-to-cd burn?

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2
    Hello all,
    FYI, I Have a Plextor PX708-UF and it gives exactly the same message: pops out the 700 MB cd and informs you with the message "...not enough space..."
    So, it's definitely a Nero-problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by ktheking
    This would be much,much easier if you would have bought a Plextor .
    Plextor rulezzz in writerworld.... .
    Problems on reading of writing something ,go to a friend who has a plextor and be amazed.
    (no i don't have actions in plextor nor do I work there).
    Btw.. plextor was the LAST to bring out a DVD writer.. Why you think ????
    Btw ..plextor last's cd writer can write 1,2 GB on single cd !!!!! .

    I rest my case....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with Nero 6 and Knoppix 3.3
    By wadz in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 01:10 PM
  2. SuSE makes a better live disc than Knoppix
    By BradC in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:11 PM
  3. Apache is cranky.
    By deps in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:21 PM
  4. Nero Burning Problems
    By chefakito in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99