-
Junior Member
registered user
External HDD and dvd writter connected via firewire.
Hello:
I just downloaded knoppix and am able to see and do the following:
1.- See my "c" drive as hda1
2.-See the partition "e: as hda5 (there are other folders as well)
3.- Able to open word and excel documents.
4.- on boot, I see the routine recognizing the pcmcia card
5.- When running a command (Forgot which one at this time), I see the following:
Module Used Used by...
USBcore 1 usb-uhci
ohci1394 0 (Unused)
ieee1394 0 shp ohci 1393 (Not sure if it is shp)
This will lead me to believe that knoppix is recognizing the firewire and the usb port, is this correct?
However, neither the Western Digital external hd, nor the hp 300e external dvd writter, which are connected via firewire, are recognized by knoppix. It appears that I need to mount both units, correct?
I need help in the following topics:
A.- Mounting the external drice and the dvd writter. What and how?
B.- While I can read and open documents, I can not move them from hda1 to hda5 or viciversa.
C.- What do I need to do to print documents?
My set up:
IBM Thinkpad A21 laptop
P III; 516 RAM; 20 Giga hard drive
HP Laser Jet 1100 and Desjet 682 printers
External usb/firewire 120 Giga Wester Digital hard drive. (FAT 32)
HP dvd writter 200e (Connected via firewire)
Most of my files are on the external drive, that is why I need to access and move them.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Copeloa
Similar Threads
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By Guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM
-
By fannymites in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:46 AM
-
By clinthammer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By shiva777 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50