-
Determine running Knoppix version
Is there a command or file that references the currently running version of Knoppix.
I've looked around in the usual places like:
/etc/issue
/etc/motd
uname -a
dmesg
/proc/version
...etc...
But nowhere can I find that I am currently running V3.2-2003-05-03
I would think that this would be stamped somewhere within the releases files or data.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
TIA.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings Terra,
I read recently a method and thought it was so
nice I copied it down. Sorry I can't give credit --
as I cannot find the original post.
This will not work on a hard drive install.
The version has been placed in the fle
boot.img on the CD. This file is not installed
with a hd install.
With the CD in the drive we use grep to look for
the word BETA and return the line. Enter the
following from shell. Be sure the cdrom is mounted.
Code:
strings /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img | grep BETA
I searched the KNOPPIX image for BETA and for RELEASE
and got no result. This would be a nice feature to have
standardized.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
That did the trick.
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
-
By Thebass in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99