-
Determine running Knoppix version
Is there a command or file that references the currently running version of Knoppix.
I've looked around in the usual places like:
/etc/issue
/etc/motd
uname -a
dmesg
/proc/version
...etc...
But nowhere can I find that I am currently running V3.2-2003-05-03
I would think that this would be stamped somewhere within the releases files or data.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
TIA.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings Terra,
I read recently a method and thought it was so
nice I copied it down. Sorry I can't give credit --
as I cannot find the original post.
This will not work on a hard drive install.
The version has been placed in the fle
boot.img on the CD. This file is not installed
with a hd install.
With the CD in the drive we use grep to look for
the word BETA and return the line. Enter the
following from shell. Be sure the cdrom is mounted.
Code:
strings /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img | grep BETA
I searched the KNOPPIX image for BETA and for RELEASE
and got no result. This would be a nice feature to have
standardized.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
That did the trick.
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
-
By Thebass in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95