Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Saving config to a floppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    13

    Saving config to a floppy

    I have searched the docs for this to no avail, probablly my fault. Anyway, how do I save my config to a floppy? I am new to knoppix. Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1
    This is from the Docs area:

    "Save Configuration
    Saving KNOPPIX Configuration
    From Computer First Aid Using Knoppix by Cedric Shock and Susan Sullivan, used with permission.

    Saving configuration requires a floppy disk or a non-NTFS formatted drive.

    Click on the "K" in the lower left corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu like the Windows Start Menu. Enter the "KNOPPIX" submenu. Enter the "Configure" submenu. Select "Save KNOPPIX configuration".

    This will bring up a little window asking what to save. Click "OK".

    The next window will ask where to save the configuration. I suggest the floppy drive. Click "Ok".

    To load the configuration the next time you run Knoppix, put the floppy disk in the drive once the "boot:" prompt appears. Instead of pressing enter, type "knoppix myconfig=scan" and press enter."


    This worked fine for me, except for the last step of typing "knoppix myconfig=scan". Try typing "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt. Good luck.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    I was having the same problem and I got it to work with the command: knoppix floppyconfig

    However I couldn't get it to save my resolution settings. Can someone tell my how to get it to save my resolution settings. I am using a laptop and I noticed that it doesn't have a specific monitor only Monitor0. It does have 1024x768 as a resolution setting and when i change it and save my config, it keeps everything but the resolution settings. I also have tried knoppix screen=1024x768 but it doesnt work either.

    Any ideas?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4
    Click on the "K" in the lower left corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu like the Windows Start Menu. Enter the "KNOPPIX" submenu. Enter the "Configure" submenu. Select "Save KNOPPIX configuration".

    This will bring up a little window asking what to save. Click "OK".

    The next window will ask where to save the configuration. I suggest the floppy drive. Click "Ok".

    And when I do this... nothing happens!! I can save files to floppy, read them, format etc... but when I want to save a configuration file just the way it's told Knoppix seems to go on strike. Absolutely NOTHING happens! What am I doing wrong???

Similar Threads

  1. Saving config files to floppy disk
    By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
  2. root password and saving config to floppy
    By jmsuthar in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:18 PM
  3. Saving Config to Floppy
    By SerenityNet in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:59 AM
  4. Saving Config
    By LordHarshmage in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:49 AM
  5. Saving config in 3.2
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM picture

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM

$19.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



TeamGroup T-Force DELTA RGB 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 RAM 6000(2Rx8) CL38-38-38-78 1.35V picture

TeamGroup T-Force DELTA RGB 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 RAM 6000(2Rx8) CL38-38-38-78 1.35V

$600.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00