Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Screen Resolution

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    Screen Resolution

    Is it possible to set my display resolution permanantly to 1024x768 @ 75 Hz with colour depth 24, (when I set this using K XConfig it says the changes will be enabled at the next session, but they never are. In fact K XConfig always shows my display as 640x480 @ 63 Hz colour depth 8, no matter what I input .....thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    Im having the same exact problem.

    Help us please

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have a Laptop P200MMX and I can't set a good resolution on text mode. I start Knoppix with text option but de workarea is bigger than the real display, like a "vertical" resolution, I lose the 12 bottom lines. Can anyone help me? please. I only need the laptop for programming, so this feature is essential for me. Thanks a lot & sorry, my english is poor, i'm spanish. Bye

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    If you run from the knoppix-live-cd you cant set anything permanent because there is nothing saved... but you can use, at startup, the cheatcodes (if im right, you can use f1 to get known to them).
    something like
    Code:
    knoppix screen=1024x786 xvrefresh=70
    should do ?!?!? try it...

    maybe (i haven't tried that) you can save your configuration to your harddisk, using some program in the knoppix-submenu. but again, im not sure...

    and after an hd-install kxcontrol should save its settings normally...

    good luck!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    I'm not using the live CD, knoppix is installed to my HD, so I'm confused why K Xconfig shows my res at 640x480. when I ran the live CD I had perfect resolution filling my screen, but since the HD install the resolution is reduced, I need to set it permanantly to 1024 x 786.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick21
    I'm not using the live CD, knoppix is installed to my HD, so I'm confused why K Xconfig shows my res at 640x480. when I ran the live CD I had perfect resolution filling my screen, but since the HD install the resolution is reduced, I need to set it permanantly to 1024 x 786.
    Boot from the CD and get the screen you want then mount the partition containing / and copy the X config file.

    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd??
    sudo cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4  /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
    Replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition number once copied reboot to the new settings you may also want to backup the file before you overwrite. sudo cp /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.original

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    thanks Steve, I'll give it a try.

Similar Threads

  1. How to set screen resolution?
    By Islington in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
  2. Screen resolution
    By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
  3. Screen resolution
    By Matth in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 08:33 PM
  4. Screen resolution
    By Buck1 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 01:38 AM
  5. Screen resolution
    By sanjay in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC  GTIA G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D

$70.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75