Im having the same exact problem.
Help us please![]()
Is it possible to set my display resolution permanantly to 1024x768 @ 75 Hz with colour depth 24, (when I set this using K XConfig it says the changes will be enabled at the next session, but they never are. In fact K XConfig always shows my display as 640x480 @ 63 Hz colour depth 8, no matter what I input .....thanks for any help.
Im having the same exact problem.
Help us please![]()
I have a Laptop P200MMX and I can't set a good resolution on text mode. I start Knoppix with text option but de workarea is bigger than the real display, like a "vertical" resolution, I lose the 12 bottom lines. Can anyone help me? please. I only need the laptop for programming, so this feature is essential for me. Thanks a lot & sorry, my english is poor, i'm spanish. Bye
If you run from the knoppix-live-cd you cant set anything permanent because there is nothing saved... but you can use, at startup, the cheatcodes (if im right, you can use f1 to get known to them).
something likeshould do ?!?!? try it...Code:knoppix screen=1024x786 xvrefresh=70
maybe (i haven't tried that) you can save your configuration to your harddisk, using some program in the knoppix-submenu. but again, im not sure...
and after an hd-install kxcontrol should save its settings normally...
good luck!![]()
I'm not using the live CD, knoppix is installed to my HD, so I'm confused why K Xconfig shows my res at 640x480. when I ran the live CD I had perfect resolution filling my screen, but since the HD install the resolution is reduced, I need to set it permanantly to 1024 x 786.
Boot from the CD and get the screen you want then mount the partition containing / and copy the X config file.Originally Posted by Patrick21
Replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition number once copied reboot to the new settings you may also want to backup the file before you overwrite. sudo cp /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.originalCode:sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? sudo cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hd??/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
thanks Steve, I'll give it a try.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99