-
Problem booting to runlevel 5
Hey guys and girls,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to linux.
I have the following problem. Just installed knoppix 3.6 but system does not boot into runlevel 5. If I log in as root and run kdm from prompt then all is well. Default runlevel in inittab is runlevel 5. Can you please guide me as to where I should look to achieve booting directly into KDE?
Thanks in advance
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
you start kdm from commandline?
I use 'startx' to start x from the commandline, but that needn't mean, it's better than 'kdm'.
In your /etc/rc5.d/, which files do you find?
Code:
ls /etc/rc5.d/ > filelist
I got a S99kdm there.
Similar Threads
-
By Kakarott2003 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By zrooze in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By rniles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By eekarum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 08:08 AM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99