Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install OpenOffice 1.1 RC3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3

    Install OpenOffice 1.1 RC3

    I've installed OpenOffice 1.1 (RC3) on my customized Knoppix3.2 following the instructions of a post of this forum.

    If I execute it in a chrooted kde environment (with Xnest), it works perfectly, but if I boot
    my iso from hard disk it don't go.

    First of all I execute the setup script to install OpenOffice for the knoppix user, then I execute the program and it runs for a little while, then stops and the sistem freeze.

    I think it's due to the fact that in the first case (Xnest) OOo works as root, while in the second it works as knoppix user, but I don't known how resolve the problem.

    Someone can help me?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18
    Just follow steps 6. and 7. of instructions in my earlier post for remastering Knoppix 3.2 (06/06/2003) with OpenOffice.org1.1.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4143

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NikiBob
    Just follow steps 6. and 7. of instructions in my earlier post for remastering Knoppix 3.2 (06/06/2003) with OpenOffice.org1.1.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4143
    I've just applied the step 7.
    For the 6 I've a problem: if I install in chroot environment I am root so the .openoffice dir is in /root and not in /home/knoppix.
    I've attempted to copy it in /etc/skel changing the ownwer, but it don't work.
    If I run openoffice setup from the booted iso the /home/knoppix/.openoffice dir is created, but openoffice don't work.
    So I've copied the generated dir in another partition and then into the knoppix source, recreated the iso and boot from it: nothing to do, it don't work.

    Other suggestions?

Similar Threads

  1. OpenOffice 2
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
  2. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
  3. [OK]what is openoffice-de-en
    By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
  4. OpenOffice
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
  5. German version of OpenOffice following HDD install 3.2 Beta
    By howagood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99