Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to fix "Module Setting/Peripherals/kxconfig.desktop

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    How to fix "Module Setting/Peripherals/kxconfig.desktop

    .... does not specify a library.

    Point is I am not able to access nor to change any graphics setting (resolution, monitor type etc.). How can I fix this?

    I have tried by opening a new root console and then "kcontrol" to access this sepcific menu. It has not worked at all.

    This submenu is X.out! .... no access.

    thank you for any help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I'm not sure I really understand your problem -- you could be a bit more explicit.

    But:

    I am not able to access nor to change any graphics setting (resolution, monitor type etc.).
    The usual ways to do this are either to edit XF86Config-4 by hand or run

    xf86cfg

    as root.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    If it's already working, it might be a good idea to make a backup copy of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 before you play with xf86cfg, just in case you can't "startx" successfully the next time.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    Your answers basically seem to be addressing my trouble. I will try it out. Should I still come up with problems I will come back ... for sure!

    Thank you for the moment!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    Must come back sooner than expected. It does not work that way. After making some changes to my graphics card any attempt to save to the xf86cfg file fails even though I believe to have opened it as user "root".

    When I open a new console, type "su" and then the root passwort the authentification fails obviously because of a wrong root password. But that is not right since it was the right root password I entered.

    When I choose console for user "root" and then enter the root password this works but I am not able to save any change made in xf86cfg.

    By the way, is not there a more comfortable way for setting the graphics card, monitor etc .... as I mentioned the KDE menu did not allow me to access this specific part of the menu (in spite of an icon a X appears before the menu description)

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. Every time I log in... I get the "Desktop Setting Wizar
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 03:27 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 Freezes during initializing peripherals
    By Aldago in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 07:11 PM
  3. Desktop Saving Its Setting
    By none1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:58 AM
  4. Peripherals settings
    By x in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:20 AM
  5. How can I start the KDE desktop after "KNOPPIX 2"
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95