What version of Knoppix and what kernel (type "uname -a" in the terminal) do you use, and what kind of WLAN card do you have installed? All cards are not supported (yet...).
hw
I have a laptop and am just beginning to use Knoppix and I am trying to configure my network. I have a wireless network in my house. When I go to the Wavelean configuration application it tells me that the networking card cannot be found.
What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Jesse Davenport
What version of Knoppix and what kernel (type "uname -a" in the terminal) do you use, and what kind of WLAN card do you have installed? All cards are not supported (yet...).
hw
I am running version 3.2 of knoppix. I am using a Orinco WiFi Silver networking card by lucent technologies.
I am not sure what by the kernel because I am just starting to use Knoppix, but if you would explain it to me that would be great.
jdavenport
I cant get my Netgear WG511 card to work either
I, too, cannot get my Netgear WG511 wireless card to work.
When I plug in the card, either before I boot into knoppix or after I have booted, neither of the leds come on.
(Knoppix 3.2, Kernel: 2.4.22)
I have searched the internet, but I can't find anyone with any answers for the WG511.
Has anyone had any success with the WG511 card? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00