Please also add Linux EduCD. It's another (great) Knoppix-based distribution focused on educational software.
http://www.simp-st.pl
Wojtek (wojtek[at]knoppix.pl)
Just added to the Knoppix customizations page.
Please also add Linux EduCD. It's another (great) Knoppix-based distribution focused on educational software.
http://www.simp-st.pl
Wojtek (wojtek[at]knoppix.pl)
I'm for. It is polish distro based
on newest Knoppix for shools and small buisness.
Download: http://www.simp-st.pl/linuxedu_download.html
Screenschots: http://www.simp-st.pl/linuxedu_zrzuty.html
changelog(only polish): http://www.simp-st.pl/lista_zmian.html
-best regards
Anyone and everyone is able to edit the wiki documentation on the site. Please feel free to add your Knoppix based distro to the customizations page.
It is not my distro, but if author Linux EduCD agrees
- I can add this![]()
regards.
Greetings rickenbacherus,
Thanks for you help with KNOPPIX and for
this post about the web application distro.
The computer algebra tools are great
and postgreSQL worked well.
Can you help me with getting connected
to ZSERVER. The instalation script startup
in /KNOPPIX/Zope-2.6.2b5 runs in a
root shell and gives a final message of:
I understand that I leave that shell running and startCode:Hostname: Knoppix Port: 8021 ...ZServerIncoming connection form 127.0.0.1:34809
Konqueror Web Browser. I Enter
http://Knoppix:8021
or
http://127.0.0.1:8021
I get the watch but no connection.
Do I need to log in differently -- use
a different (non root shell)?
Thanks for any help.
Best Wishes,
paradocs
Hi,
Firstly, the newest LiveZope-0.1 can be downloaded from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-outcomes
or
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/knoppix
In the beginning release, two different versions can be found, the one titled beginning with "knoppix200307..." is a little outdate version. You have to setup Zope server manually. In LiveZope-0.1, just in root shell type the following:
/KNOPPIX/Zope-2.6.2b5> ./startup
then mysql, postgresql and Zope are ready for you.
P.S.
wrong command above. The correct one is
/KNOPPIX/Zope-2.6.2b5-src>./startup
And don't close the root shell terminal or Zope will be gone.![]()
Greetings cchuang and all,
Thanks for the help and the great use of KNOPPIX
for demonstrating these projects.
Some nice people on #zope IRC pointed me
in the right direction and I got login with the
superuser/password of admin/demo
when entering:
http://Knoppix:8080/manage
into Konqueror Web Browser
Best Wishes
paradocs
It cannot install to HDD. Install stops with the following message
"The required file knx-template-0.39.tgz is missing or courrpted" and the script terminates.
It cannnot add a Plone site? The earlier version could, but now I couldn't. I wonder if CMF version 1.4 is installed as this will prevent Plone from installing.
Please look into the HDD install problem, as then this will be a great way to setup Zope servers :P

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco 4300 Series Rack Mountable Enterprise Router - Cisco 4300 Product Line
$199.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99