I got that size problem too. And i got a 700Mb cd. (My burner cant handle more)
Ok Guys, This is the first ever Knoppix where I can't get NERO to burn the ISO, says the disk is too small. I've tried Nero 5.5 and 6, and yes, I'm using a 700MB CD. Any ideas?
Thanks,
A Windows guy trying to convert
I got that size problem too. And i got a 700Mb cd. (My burner cant handle more)
can someone give me the command to install this to my HD?
[quote="Mr. Wolf"]Ok Guys, This is the first ever Knoppix where I can't get NERO to burn the ISO, says the disk is too small. I've tried Nero 5.5 and 6, and yes, I'm using a 700MB CD. Any ideas?
Same, here. Tried overburning, too.
This .iso is 733,700,096 bytes....
HELP!
There seem to be a number of people who have burned Knoppix CDs before and are having problems with 3.3 and Nero. This is not addressed in the FAQ or any other documents on the mirrors. If you are referring to the HOWTO-burn directory, no new info is there.Originally Posted by Fabianx
Also, for the sake of the questioner and future visitors (who might have arrived from a Google search) please provide answers in the forum rather than giving vague references to offsite information.
Thank you most usefulOriginally Posted by WebbPA
But as I feared it only proved that my download was ok, no cigar on the actual burning. But I'm sure I'd need this later on, so thanks WebbPA for the link and Author for program
Most unfortunate about the Nero issue. I too can't get a burn with v5.5.10.15 which was never a problem with Knoppix up until this point. Roxio 5.3.4.21 failed also.
I did get a good burn with BlindWrite 4.4.0.36 using SAO cooked write mode. But it took three coasters to get it squared away. Unacceptable. As is having to scrounge up a CD-RW or two in anticipation of the next release.
Hopefully the next release WILL be Nero burnable again. Otherwise I'll have to tell all the friends who want to learn about Linux to stick with 3.2 unless they have burner software made for copy protected CDs. Cough, cough.
Otherwise 3.3 is A-OK and continues to be the best Live-CD distro on the planet.
1. I took the Golden Haw Technology CDRWIN 3.8G (shareware). Burning was flawless on a 700MB-CD. Nero 5.5.10.50 did not work.Originally Posted by den dydige
2. I use md5sum.exe for mdsum-checking on a Windows-commandline.
Joachim
That's the right size, but 733.700,096 bytes is 699 meg. Look at it in Windows properties. I downloaded, got the same number of bytes. It burned fine with Nero 5.5.9.0 for me and booted as expected. Did you check your MD5 checksum? It matches what was posted (e1d15de08bf12ec294ab8ad599ff86bOriginally Posted by John_Galt
. If it's wrong for you then something went bad in downloading, which could account for your error. But the posted file with this MD5 chechsum does burn under Nero even without resorting to overburn.
Thanks for the reply!Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Yes. I did check the MD5 checksum, and it is correct. I'm using the latest (5.5.10.50) release of Nero Express. I have had no problems burning other disks, including .iso's. It is strange that even when I told Nero to overburn to as much as 88 min's, it still refused, saying that there wes not enough space on the target media. I tried this with several brands of blanks. No joy.....

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
$204.99