But it does work from CD ?Originally Posted by mihaval
Please reinstall the new 3.3-ISO to HD with "knoppix-installer" having both mice attached, while booting knoppix. (if you want to use debian-mode)
cu
Fabian
Hi!
I have a problem with Knoppix on my notebook. It is knoppix 3.2, installed on the hard drive (via knx-hdinstall). It boots, works, but not with a mouse. I have attached PS/2 Compaq mouse with wheel, but it does not work with or without the mouse. The notebook has a touchpad and a "stick", and I've even disabled touchpad, to no avail.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Miha.
But it does work from CD ?Originally Posted by mihaval
Please reinstall the new 3.3-ISO to HD with "knoppix-installer" having both mice attached, while booting knoppix. (if you want to use debian-mode)
cu
Fabian
So, it is compaq evo n600c, and the mouse is not working.
If I do a cat /dev/psaux I see the garbage characters, so it is definitely getting something. And /dev/mouse is linked to that. But in X, it is not working.
Ideas, suggestions?
Thanks,
Miha.
Tried the pci=irqmask=0x0e98 cheat code. Same thing. Message at boot time is that it discovers Generic PS/2 mouse. I then tried nowheel option and the mouse jumps to the top right part of the screen and if I move it, I get left and right clikcs (erratic behaviour -- worst than when it was not wokring at all).
Help, please!
BTW, on slackware9, the mouse was working perfectly, even the touch pad and the stick on the notebook.
Regards,
Miha.
May be you have a duplicated mouse signal fron console.
Try this:
modify your "/etc/gpm.conf" as follows
--
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw <---------- importat line (type raw)
type=ps2
append=""
--
Good luck

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99