Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tips for making a Live php application CD with Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5

    Tips for making a Live php application CD with Knoppix?

    Hi all,
    I'm planning to remaster Knoppix to release a LiveCD featuring a php-mysql based application.
    It's something like a CMS system.

    The goal is to provide a system with a nice graphical interface (KDE it's ok), with apache, php and mysql running from the startup and a browser window opening on the "home page" of my application.

    Obviously I need to create and populate database and tables, setting the right config in apache and installing all my php files in the home dir.

    This way I can provide to those interested in my application an easy test suite even without an internet connection.

    While I'm sure there 'll no problem in making this, first I would like to hear your tips and suggestions, if any...

    ... so I'm listening
    anyone?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6

    PHP+MySQL on LiveZope

    Hi,

    I had remastered a Live PHP based on Zope but not Apache. There are several reasons for me to do so:

    1. Zope/Python is an independent "system" to export.
    2. Since Zope supports webDAV and its famous "CMS", users can easily write their code, test and manage too.
    3. Almost without difficulty, the PHP code can be executed under Zope via its "PHParser" product. And they can incorperate with other Python objects.

    cch

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    Hi

    I STRONGLY suggest that you configure/make/make install php, apache, and mysql from sources.

    I'm activly working on a project that reguires php/apache/mysql on Knoppix, and the php that comes with Knoppix is unacceptable.


    Oh yeah, the php binary is not included either!
    whereis php
    php:

    - Ambrose

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose
    Hi

    I'm activly working on a project that reguires php/apache/mysql on Knoppix, and the php that comes with Knoppix is unacceptable.
    - Ambrose
    Thanks!
    but can you explain better why the php that comes with knoppix is unacceptable?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    I am also attempting a project in which I run a PHP app from a live CD. At this point I am still working on my first basic remaster.

    I would love to know what is wrong with the php version that comes with knoppix. If it does not have the php binary, what does it have? Everything else?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Tips for making a Live php application CD with Knoppix?

    Quote Originally Posted by garubi
    Hi all,
    Obviously I need to create and populate database and tables, setting the right config in apache and installing all my php files in the home dir.

    While I'm sure there 'll no problem in making this, first I would like to hear your tips and suggestions, if any...
    Hi!

    Whatever everyone said about compiling from source... I don't get it. I simply downgraded mysql to 3.23, modified httpd.conf, installed php-gdlib and was happy.

    For the databases you simply have to copy the mysql-directories to your source/var/lib/mysql. Same goes for the php-code. Be warned though if your productive system is another distro. You will have to chown at least the mysql-files. If you have an upload-area on your webpresence, chown these files to mysql-data:mysql-data.

    And watch your overall disk usage. Uninstall packets like tetex and emacs - this will yield you some freedom

    All the best,
    Christoph

Similar Threads

  1. Making the Live CD use less space? is it possiable?
    By yongla in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 05:44 AM
  2. Making a multi-boot Linux Live DVD with Knoppix
    By sunnyjpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 01:20 AM
  3. Making a multi-boot Linux Live DVD with Knoppix
    By sunnyjpop in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:55 PM
  4. Software application KNOPPIX
    By redbiro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$68.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$149.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019 picture

Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019

$174.99