-
Senior Member
registered user
I notice lots of kde-i18n-?? packages that appear to be locale specific packages. Can I safely get rid of these packages
Yes
I have removed some unnecessary fonts, and packages I never use, note, many packages are very small themselves, and won't make a whole lot of difference, I removed all palm-pilot packages such as pilot-link etc.
I'm currently on a 56K dial-up (where I typically connect at 37,333 ). Running 'apt-get -u upgrade' needs about 7 hours
Only 7 hours? Mine takes 12 or more, one nice feature of dpkg / apt-get is that it can be stopped and then when restarted it will resume where it was, with knoppix this is a bit more of a problem than stable because of the constant changing repositories.
~rock
Similar Threads
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 05:04 AM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

WD Red 2TB SATA NAS 3.5" HDD WD20EFRX - SMART TESTED, WIPED
$68.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99