When you partitioned your drive did you set the type to 'swap' for your swap partition?Originally Posted by jpaschke
Hi everybody,
I just tried to install KNOPPIX 3.3 with knoppix-installer, but is does not work at all. I've created a swap partition with 512 MB and a / partition with 8 GB. When the installation script want to format the partition I'm receiving the following error:
*
Beim Einrichtender Swap-Partition ist ein fehler aufgetreten. Hier die Meldung von mkswap: error swap area needs to be at least 40kB Usage
Any hints ?
Joerg![]()
When you partitioned your drive did you set the type to 'swap' for your swap partition?Originally Posted by jpaschke
In addition to the suggestion above did you initialize the /swap partition with mkswap if you created it properly the error seems to be saying something about that as well.
thanks for your hints, but I've done all that. when I try to install knoppix 3.1 it works on the same partitioned space.
I've tried it one more but now I'm receiving the error message while the installer tries to format the / filesystem with ext3.
The messagethe translation from German)
Returned disksize is sero. incomplete partition or partition table has not been reread after fdisk. you may need to reboot to solve the problem.
In the meanwhile I think the problem is with version 3.3 to properly recognise my hardware. but why is 3.1 working ?
regards
Joerg

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99